The overall goal of the Session Long Project in this course is to examine health care delivery in the United States from a personal perspective and provide recommendations for improvements.
Please view these videos:
HPCtube. (2012). What is a Community Health Center? [Video] Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPLpNWO5uGs
Public Health Wessex Training Group. (2014). What is Public Health? [Video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy1CAMObRzc
SmithGroupJJR. (2015). Ambulatory Care Center Design. [Video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz5MxxvHMss
WalltoWallStudios. (2013). What’s a Community Health Center? [Video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLTbgCetJfM
For the Module 3 SLP, conduct some preliminary research on a Patient Centered Medical Home, Ambulatory Care, Community Health Centers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, or Mental Health facility in your state. You are to create a 12- to 15-slide PowerPoint Presentation (not including the title or reference slides) covering your selected facility in your state. In your presentation, you are to answer the following:
- Which populations (e.g., adults, children, or older adults) and what conditions/diseases are targeted?
- Who are the participating payers?
- What type of insurance product (e.g., HMO or PPO) do the participating payers include?
- Who are the participating providers? (List only the type of providers, such as hospitals or community health centers.)
- How are the participating providers reimbursed?
In your final slides, you are to make recommendations for the future of health care delivery of the facility that you selected. The recommendations are to be vividly supported on scholarly sources.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your design of your department organization chart.
- Limit your PPT to a maximum of 17 slides (15 not including the title and reference slide).
- Support your SLP with peer-reviewed articles, using at least 3-4 references. Use the following source for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.